Your roof is what protects your family, possessions and the structure of your home from the elements. When repairs or a replacement are needed, the skill and experience of the company you hire directly affects how well your roof performs and how long it lasts, so it’s vital to choose wisely.
Criteria to Look for in a Denver, Colorado Roofing Company
With so many roofers in the Denver area, finding a trustworthy and experienced contractor can seem like an overwhelming task. You’ll find it easier to choose the right roofing company if you use the following criteria as a guide.
- Good reputation. Reliable roofing contractors have built a solid reputation in the local area. To verify a roofer’s reputation, check that they are Better Business Bureau accredited with an A+ rating, members of the Colorado Roofing Association, and approved by reliable service networks like Home Advisor.
- Outstanding customer service. The roofer you hire should put their customers first and go the extra mile to provide exemplary service. You can judge a company’s ethos by contacting previous customers. Ask about the contractor’s communication skills, how the customer was treated, if the work was done to their satisfaction and whether they’d hire the roofer again.
- Local knowledge. A local contractor understands how our climate affects a roof so they can offer you sound advice on the best material choices within your budget. If your roof is weather-damaged, you should also look for a company with an experienced staff who’s well-versed in the homeowners’ insurance claims process.
- Good business practices. Dependable roofing contractors hold a current license with the City of Denver and can provide you with copies of their workers’ compensation and liability insurance certificates. When you call, a roofer should schedule a time to perform an in-depth inspection and discuss your needs, and then give you a fairly-priced, written estimate.
- Manufacturer certifications. Hiring a roofing company that’s certified by leading manufacturers like GAF and Owens Corning provides the assurance that they’ve gone through a stringent qualification process to verify their business history, craftsmanship quality and commitment to ongoing training. Manufacturers only offer their best warranties through their certified installers, so it’s also an opportunity to protect your investment with upgraded coverage against workmanship and material defects.
If you’re searching for a trustworthy roofing company in Denver that’s dedicated to providing superb workmanship and customer service, contact us at Smart Roofing.